Ivory Health Solutions Ltd (IHSL) is a multi-specialty medical Centre that was started in 2015 and whose Head office is located at the (CBD) Central Business District, Corner House, Kimathi/Mamangina Street, Mezzanine II.
We offer affordable quality healthcare services within our facility. We have state of the art facilities and medical equipment to offer diversified healthcare services.
We are currently looking for a Community Oral Health Officer (COHO) to work in our
Githunguri Hospital, Dental Unit.
- Prepare treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Screening patients, reviewing a patient’s oral health history and teaching appropriate brushing and flossing techniques.
- Perform oral examination and charting, cleaning of teeth and polishing.
- Perform simple extractions, place fissure sealants, and apply topical fluorides and temporary fillings.
- Use dental X-ray machines to take dental radiographs and develop the film for the dentist’s analysis.
- Review pre-operative settings and make sure that the dentist has what is required to carry out dental procedures.
- Implements and adheres to infection prevention protocols including autoclaving instruments after use, cleaning the dental procedures’ space and storage of the clean.
- Maintain a record of day-to-day activities of the dental unit and prepare regular reports as needed.
- Inventory management of equipment and supplies at the dental unit. This includes preparing orders as needed to avoid stock outs.
- Lead and direct the implementation of Community Oral Health activities.
- Ensure prudent management and use resources allocated for implementation of Community Oral Health activities.
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist.
- Examine patients’ teeth, analyze x-rays and evaluate dental needs including medical history review.
- Take, develop and mount radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment.
- Fill in cavities and remove unnecessary or severely damaged.
- Ensure that established procedures are adhered to in order to maintain high quality assurance and controls in delivery of oral health.
- Proper keeping of dental documents/Records.
- Ensure all procedures are correctly billed to capture.
- Prepare and submit reports on community oral health services and activities in a timely manner.
- Diploma in Community Oral Health from a recognized institution.
- Possess a valid practicing certificate.
- At least 3 years of experience in a busy dental clinic (Hospital experience will be an added advantage).
- Be of mature, friendly, confident and caring.
- Must be diligent, honest and responsible person with self-discipline.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and report.
- Proficient in Computer.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees to: –
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us not later than 17th January 2022.